We have shared a sacred space with Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church since January, 2004, when their Pastors and congregation welcomed us in partnership. With the loving support and mentoring of our Rebbe, Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, z”l, both congregations are committed to the practice of Deep Ecumenism.
Since 2004, our two small congregations have shared more than space:
- Together we provide material support to CIP (Colorado Infant Project) in Boulder County, including Thanksgiving dinner baskets to the CIP families most in need and baby supplies throughout the year.
- We have attended one another’s Shabbat, Sunday, and holiday services to learn about and offer loving support in each congregation’s religious practice.
- Shepherd Pastors have contributed to our High HolyDay services with blessing and conversation.
- Our Rabbis have participated in the installation of two Pastors at Shepherd of the Hills.
- In October 2017, Pastor Janet Kettering, Rabbis Victor and Nadya Gross, and Maggid Amitai Gross created an ecumenical service and hosted Rev. Matthew Fox, who preached on Deep Ecumenism and the Order of the Sacred Earth. (See article printed in Living Lutheran, Nov 2017 issue, PDF attached.)
- The Rocky Mountain Synod of the ELCA invited Pastor Janet, Rabbis Nadya and Victor and Maggid Amitai to lead their gathering in ecumenical prayer in May 2018. (for a video of the full service, click HERE)
Book Study Group
- We engage in regular study together, choosing books that inspire deep conversation and exploration of one another’s faith and spirituality. The friendships that have resulted enhance our lives greatly.
- Let us know what you’d like to study next – we are presently constructing our calendar for 2019. Check back soon for more information.